Translate

Something about this bloggie

Ok, I admit that I've failed somewhere before. But anyway welcome. Just a brief intro on what you should expect here:
1. Football. Not gonna post much of that any soon since season is over. :S
2. Anime, Games, etc. Just abt anything conceivable under the Japanese radar barring anything and everything Rule 34. Now that's illegal. Period. -.-;
3. Music. Everything to do with it is listed under the tab.
5. Unacceptable humour: Anything and everything is fair game here. As long as I don't get rounded up by the ISA. -.-'

6.
The Known World=Fantasy world building in process. I: Used to be glossary, now devoted to random rambling; II: Character Concepts; III: Lore.
7. der Wolf=my Fictionpress account under the moniker Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu. A Ranger's Tale is hosted under this page. :)
8. New section now upped. Maybe I should also gun for upping A Ranger's Tale here since I do have this funny feeling that traffic coming to here is way more than whatever I'll get in FP.

Statement of intent: Everything said here is a figment of personal opinion, be it me or anybody commenting. I try to be responsible, but my parents=/=parents of the world.

@Druid of Luhn: Crap. Should have remembered far earlier to give you the credit for your CSS text box code. :(

A/N: But sadly, it seems that your CSS text box code has now been halved efficiency wise. :(

That most important note I should have added: Any images posted in this blog are NOT my own stuff. I got them from Google image search, I don't earn any shit by being a thief and liar. Those responsible for the pictures, rest assured that you all are great artists in your own regards. Sadly, we all know what limited space means in terms of posting.

Latest Note: Changed alignment for my page widgets due to my worry that I can't centre align the thing.

Note on A Ranger's Tale: In case any complaining fella wants to have a legal case with me, let this be known that A Ranger's Tale is rated M by default. I've upped the swearing and somewhat a bit on the dark/gritty factor. You all have been warned, let no little boy and girl enter the forbidden realm.

Latest on ART: A Ranger's Tale now starting to kick back in gear. But I really hate the insanely fluctuating climate here in S'pore.

P.S: Oh, and one more thing. Vid below is yet another ideal OP for A Ranger's Tale.

Sunday 17 June 2012

Character Concept: Alestrial Eliaden

So now here it is: Part 3. And Met, if you're reading this, I'm pretty sure you will go "LOL KOLEAN!!!"

Inspiration:

Interestingly enough, the original take was to create a token female character along the line of Arwen/Luthien of the Tolkien lore. Yet then was then, now is now. Ditto goes for her as well. Interestingly enough, people might say "A Song of Ice and Fire!!!!" upon my hinted intention on where to go with her character. Sadly though, my answer is: Dehg! Wrong answer.

Now to be honest, whatever I've read and understood from the series stem from the Wiki of Ice and Fire and some other online sources. Simply put, I'm way too broke to buy the actual novels. So yeah... guess improvising is the only way out if you believe in your guts. :)

So should she be seen as the standard feminist icon? I truly doubt so. Now let's be known here: My vision on her is very simple. Or rather the most interesting question ever to grace (wo)mankind:

How do you define the term strength and fortitude? Is it about female characters exuding their own strength and wit? Or perhaps the only thing that matters most is whether they can AND will understand what they truly want, what is the thing they should hold firm. Abstract? Yes. Would characters like Luthien and Arwen fit this mold of abstract logic? Definitely so.

My biggest headache now? How am I going to create a character where such a quality will take highest precedence. Yes, guys. The journey ahead is indeed arduous because a lot actually hinges on external situations rather than inner issues.
Read: How external factors will affect the inner factors.

Appearance: A striking beauty with the steel of humility. Petite in build, her loose raven curls flowed down unto her waist. Features undeniably that of a Cinha (Refer to the Glossary for Chapter 2), none could ever deny such a maiden of adopted birth as nothing less than a blade far keener than war itself.

Garb: So far, it's only the standard dressing of a nobility that has been outed (Chapter 4). But still... erm yeah you all get the gist. :S

We no speak Engrish...
Basically something like these:
Watashi-Informal self-addressing
Watakushi-Formal self-addressing
Anata-Standard way in addressing others
Kimi-Informal way in addressing others
Kikan-Formal show of respect to any higher authority

Concepts

Reason behind them all?


But anyway, here's the song(s) I'll associate with her:



No comments:

Post a Comment