Translate

Something about this bloggie

Ok, I admit that I've failed somewhere before. But anyway welcome. Just a brief intro on what you should expect here:
1. Football. Not gonna post much of that any soon since season is over. :S
2. Anime, Games, etc. Just abt anything conceivable under the Japanese radar barring anything and everything Rule 34. Now that's illegal. Period. -.-;
3. Music. Everything to do with it is listed under the tab.
5. Unacceptable humour: Anything and everything is fair game here. As long as I don't get rounded up by the ISA. -.-'

6.
The Known World=Fantasy world building in process. I: Used to be glossary, now devoted to random rambling; II: Character Concepts; III: Lore.
7. der Wolf=my Fictionpress account under the moniker Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu. A Ranger's Tale is hosted under this page. :)
8. New section now upped. Maybe I should also gun for upping A Ranger's Tale here since I do have this funny feeling that traffic coming to here is way more than whatever I'll get in FP.

Statement of intent: Everything said here is a figment of personal opinion, be it me or anybody commenting. I try to be responsible, but my parents=/=parents of the world.

@Druid of Luhn: Crap. Should have remembered far earlier to give you the credit for your CSS text box code. :(

A/N: But sadly, it seems that your CSS text box code has now been halved efficiency wise. :(

That most important note I should have added: Any images posted in this blog are NOT my own stuff. I got them from Google image search, I don't earn any shit by being a thief and liar. Those responsible for the pictures, rest assured that you all are great artists in your own regards. Sadly, we all know what limited space means in terms of posting.

Latest Note: Changed alignment for my page widgets due to my worry that I can't centre align the thing.

Note on A Ranger's Tale: In case any complaining fella wants to have a legal case with me, let this be known that A Ranger's Tale is rated M by default. I've upped the swearing and somewhat a bit on the dark/gritty factor. You all have been warned, let no little boy and girl enter the forbidden realm.

Latest on ART: A Ranger's Tale now starting to kick back in gear. But I really hate the insanely fluctuating climate here in S'pore.

P.S: Oh, and one more thing. Vid below is yet another ideal OP for A Ranger's Tale.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Character Concept: Aeranath

This is actually intended for the titular character of A Ranger's Tale. Basically just a breakdown on how I came about having this character plus a few interesting(?) snippets.

Inspiration:

Firstly, this is a story which I planned to deviate from the classical heroic fantasy. In fact I would call it a sword and sorcery genre. In a very real sense, this is my very first attempt to create an anti-hero. Upon the first draft, he's intended to be foul mouthed character along the mold of Genjou Sanzo. But after going through experience in life together with expanding my own horizons in fantasy fiction, things started to get interesting. From the original "anti-hero destined to turn good", I just ended up saying "screw it" and created an entity far more cynical and morally apathetic. 


Appearance: Blessed with fair Elven features and dark complexion of the Tamurians,  all tend to see him as a half-blood. With locks of frigid snow cut short with prominent bangs brushed slightly to the side, his eyes of azure blue pierced even the cheeriest of heart. Indeed his very features has intrigued all, his very identity as a Ranger shunned by the folks.


Garb: Dressed in forest green with yellow bordering the ends, the short sleeved tunic reached unto his calves. Two belts secured his waist together with a sword fastened in tow. Donning boots of leather, his torso and arms were framed by armour and gauntlets of the same material. Yet the former was brown with the latter a muted grey. A tattered cloak of darker brown was draped across his shoulders as his look was completed with his role as a Ranger.

Concepts
  


Persona

A sense of jest akin to the winter's bite
The sane deemed him as whimsical, his victims witnessed a maniac
Nary an agent of Order, mayhap Chaos made flesh

"One fellow reviewer once called him a sociopathic killer undeserving of his/her pity. And that was way before I popped in the rewrite." ~Me.

Quotes most quote-worthy

"Show me a sinless man and I will gift you a stainless blade." 

"Unto life's very end, there are only two paths to go: Either with a smile or that expression most priceless..." 

"To see that old fart giving me a toy most interesting... but then again you're no indestructible bastard..."

"A cheap man's drink ransomed by a cheap man's blood. Enjoy your drink six feet underneath..."

"Everyone will be betrayed one way or another. Only once with that very knife called the self."

"I call this out to be crap because you made it possible."

"I'd like to tap that ass, but unfortunately I have matters far more pressing at hand. Like the fair lady holding you hostage..."

"Melbo Fairweather? Surely you don't expect a certified killer to keep a hitlist..."

"I don't have anything to spare, so why don't all of you screw off?"

"I don't need any random critter to define my morals. The end." 

"You talked way too many crap for your own good. Be thankful for your half-assed existence."

 Seriously we can't believe our ears...

"I told him about that bloke he offed."
"That Melbo Fairweather's a bloody bigot?"
"Yeah. And he just laughed."
"Scary damned thing..."
"I know, boss. Because my words are factual without error..."

)0(

"You're not the monster others made you out to be... because I can still see the clarity in you."

"Call me twisted if you want to, but I know his azure orbs are nothing more than a testimony of pain." 

)0( 

"You're not evil by nature and never will be as well. The beasts and birds made sure of that..."

"He has never meant to be hero, yet he died like one. Perhaps you're the only one worthy of The Answerer."

)0(

"Live on, Aeranath... even if your life has been nothing more than a mistake..."

We no speak Engrish...

Aeranath will be the kind of fella using "ore" to address himself while "temae" will be used to address others. Interestingly, "anta" would be the term reserved for those he viewed with enmity despite such a term being more respectful/polite compared to the former. For elderly people who failed to run foul of him, "omae" will be used. Incidentally (or not), those who managed to earn his respect will also receive the same personal pronoun. For those who had truly set him off, yarou (i.e. bastard) would be used. Whether "yaru janai ka" (i.e. not bad at all) should be seen as a compliment or insult really depends on his mood and situation. As for "yaru ka?" (i.e. you want a piece of me?), its actually nothing more than a taunt despite this phrase mostly used aggressively. 

P.S: Yes, the Japanese DO have an unique system of swearing lingo that can be applied towards any relevant character archetype.




P.S: A sign of things to come?


The song I'll associate with him:

1 comment:

  1. Kind of hard to read the wall of text against such a flaming background. The background is nice, but is there a way to separate the text from the background, you know, like have the text on the white wall, and the white wall is superimposed on the awesome background you have? It'll make reading a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete