Translate

Something about this bloggie

Ok, I admit that I've failed somewhere before. But anyway welcome. Just a brief intro on what you should expect here:
1. Football. Not gonna post much of that any soon since season is over. :S
2. Anime, Games, etc. Just abt anything conceivable under the Japanese radar barring anything and everything Rule 34. Now that's illegal. Period. -.-;
3. Music. Everything to do with it is listed under the tab.
5. Unacceptable humour: Anything and everything is fair game here. As long as I don't get rounded up by the ISA. -.-'

6.
The Known World=Fantasy world building in process. I: Used to be glossary, now devoted to random rambling; II: Character Concepts; III: Lore.
7. der Wolf=my Fictionpress account under the moniker Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu. A Ranger's Tale is hosted under this page. :)
8. New section now upped. Maybe I should also gun for upping A Ranger's Tale here since I do have this funny feeling that traffic coming to here is way more than whatever I'll get in FP.

Statement of intent: Everything said here is a figment of personal opinion, be it me or anybody commenting. I try to be responsible, but my parents=/=parents of the world.

@Druid of Luhn: Crap. Should have remembered far earlier to give you the credit for your CSS text box code. :(

A/N: But sadly, it seems that your CSS text box code has now been halved efficiency wise. :(

That most important note I should have added: Any images posted in this blog are NOT my own stuff. I got them from Google image search, I don't earn any shit by being a thief and liar. Those responsible for the pictures, rest assured that you all are great artists in your own regards. Sadly, we all know what limited space means in terms of posting.

Latest Note: Changed alignment for my page widgets due to my worry that I can't centre align the thing.

Note on A Ranger's Tale: In case any complaining fella wants to have a legal case with me, let this be known that A Ranger's Tale is rated M by default. I've upped the swearing and somewhat a bit on the dark/gritty factor. You all have been warned, let no little boy and girl enter the forbidden realm.

Latest on ART: A Ranger's Tale now starting to kick back in gear. But I really hate the insanely fluctuating climate here in S'pore.

P.S: Oh, and one more thing. Vid below is yet another ideal OP for A Ranger's Tale.

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Lore: The High Realm of Teutonia (Part 1)

Recovering from sore throat now, not to mention some flu-like symptoms earlier today. By doing this post, it will only mean one thing: I'm now a certified compulsive freak who believes in self-perfection. Thankfully, I don't have to make ridiculous demands out of others. But then again, this might be the reason why I nvr got a gf since birth. Sad, huh? I think my laobu is getting sian liao over having this kind of problematic son lol!

Disclaimer!
I don't profess to understand above geek speak, this is me putting this for teh lolz


INTRO: The High Realm of Teutonia is a military man’s world, only fools will dare their luck. Famous for its code of chivalry and fearsome knights, this is the only kingdom firmly believing in the Old Ways. Despising the cowardly Kalarans for abandoning their pride and uncouth Slarveans rejecting their roots, Teutonia's status as a militaristic realm is further cemented through high ground and forests as borders. With very little options available for smooth crossing, enemy troops more oft than not find themselves dead before entering the Inner Circle.

BORDER TERRAIN:
Otherwise known as the Outer Circle, Teutonia boasts of having the most difficult terrain ever. A combination of high ground and thick forest, different terrain will always offer different dangers.

BORDER DEFENCE:
Outposts situated at mountains tend to be larger while those hidden within the forests are known to be actual settlements. Mountain outposts span from one peak to another with walls and towers made of stone. Behind the walls, each outpost will have an army at least two thousand strong with reserve troops doubling up as messengers. Settlements within the forest terrain, better known as hamlets, tend to be much smaller comparatively with civilians assuming the militia role whenever need arises.

However, it is also interesting to note that such commoners also serve an important, albeit unsung, task. Known as Pathfinders, they also help out in delivering relief supplies should reinforcements fail to arrive in time.

One interesting aspect of its border terrain lies in the fact that the only possible route for mass incursion lies in crossing the numerous fords available. Hence it will take a good commander to get around the obstacles and defeating whatever soldiers guarding their ground as defensive deployment will gain upper hand through coordination between surrounding outposts and hamlets. Even if the enemy manages to breach the border, forts forming the Inner Circle are sure to mount a stubborn defence.


INNER CIRCLE:
Named after the manner in which its fourth reigning High Lord, King Ursulf I, organised the inner defences, the Inner Circle is literally a circle of forts surrounding the Middle Plains. Beyond that end lies a mixture of grassland, woodland, and hillocks. This will be where knights are stationed normally together with peasant archers behind the walls or perched high up on the hillocks. Hidden within the forests are the woodsmen armed with their axes and fury.

To be continued...
(b/c the only life I have apart from blogging is work. No wonder no gf...)

No comments:

Post a Comment