Translate

Something about this bloggie

Ok, I admit that I've failed somewhere before. But anyway welcome. Just a brief intro on what you should expect here:
1. Football. Not gonna post much of that any soon since season is over. :S
2. Anime, Games, etc. Just abt anything conceivable under the Japanese radar barring anything and everything Rule 34. Now that's illegal. Period. -.-;
3. Music. Everything to do with it is listed under the tab.
5. Unacceptable humour: Anything and everything is fair game here. As long as I don't get rounded up by the ISA. -.-'

6.
The Known World=Fantasy world building in process. I: Used to be glossary, now devoted to random rambling; II: Character Concepts; III: Lore.
7. der Wolf=my Fictionpress account under the moniker Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu. A Ranger's Tale is hosted under this page. :)
8. New section now upped. Maybe I should also gun for upping A Ranger's Tale here since I do have this funny feeling that traffic coming to here is way more than whatever I'll get in FP.

Statement of intent: Everything said here is a figment of personal opinion, be it me or anybody commenting. I try to be responsible, but my parents=/=parents of the world.

@Druid of Luhn: Crap. Should have remembered far earlier to give you the credit for your CSS text box code. :(

A/N: But sadly, it seems that your CSS text box code has now been halved efficiency wise. :(

That most important note I should have added: Any images posted in this blog are NOT my own stuff. I got them from Google image search, I don't earn any shit by being a thief and liar. Those responsible for the pictures, rest assured that you all are great artists in your own regards. Sadly, we all know what limited space means in terms of posting.

Latest Note: Changed alignment for my page widgets due to my worry that I can't centre align the thing.

Note on A Ranger's Tale: In case any complaining fella wants to have a legal case with me, let this be known that A Ranger's Tale is rated M by default. I've upped the swearing and somewhat a bit on the dark/gritty factor. You all have been warned, let no little boy and girl enter the forbidden realm.

Latest on ART: A Ranger's Tale now starting to kick back in gear. But I really hate the insanely fluctuating climate here in S'pore.

P.S: Oh, and one more thing. Vid below is yet another ideal OP for A Ranger's Tale.

Monday 3 December 2012

In preparation for 13th Dec 2012... (still cont'd)

I tried finding my way to Speakers' Corner today, gotten myself lost and didn't attend the dolphin vigil as a result. Coupled with my mother's question on how many dolphins have I managed to save so far, this is my answer to no one in particular.

Seriously, this being the no.1 book for November's best selling list?
Last time round, my mother was worried about the negative effects of fantasy on me.
That was twelve years back when  she accompanied me to watch The Fellowship of the Ring movie at GV Tiong Bahru Plaza.
Okay, system now cleared. See? I'm still a respectful Singaporean after all! :D
Fine print: Twelve years after her constant worrying, things are no longer the same. See, I never disappoint my laobu what! Laopeh and laobu, boleh!


Pride of Durin

And herein heralds forth he, greatest of the Thirteen

And behold, the lament of Durin's Folk

And some of the rest as well...
Galadriel, Lady of Lothlorien
Thranduil, King of the Woodland Realm
Gollum before he literally went batshit warped. Known as Smeagol back then.
That most unexpected bloke: Radagast the Brown.
One of the five Istari.
Also known as Aiwendil
The final Two
Gandalf the Grey.
One of the five Istari.
Also known as Mithrandir
Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Also some other blokes you might not even heard of unless you're a certified buff.*
*And no, I only see myself as a half-assed buff.
Bard the Bowman (played by Luke Evans)
The sleeping beast.
The enemy of everybody.
Smaug the Golden
We will only see this badass shapeshifter come part 2:
Beorn.
Badass weapons you will definitely see in the movies
Sting.
Current owner: Bilbo Baggins
First owner: unknown

Orcrist
Alias: Biter
Current owner: Thorin Oakenshield
First owner: speculated to be Ecthelion of the Fountain

Glamdring
Alias: Foe-hammer. Known as Beater to the Orcs
Current owner: Gandalf the Grey
First owner: Turgon, King of Gondolin
Okay, now all finished at last. Gonna ZZZZZ soon. See ya then, unlucky Number 13. I'm very sure I will watch this alone in the cinema (again!) :P

3 comments:

  1. Cool. Awesome pictures, I'm really looking forward to watching the movie. Was going to catch it with my army friends, I'll invite them after my financial exam is finished.

    And yeah, my parents were probably worried about me as well 12 to 13 years ago because back then all I read was Animorphs, Goosebumps, Give Yourself Goosebumps and Spooksville. They wanted me to read more "normal" fiction, those that didn't have supernatural, monsters, ghosts, aliens or whatever inside them. Stuff like Hardy Boys or Secret Seven or whatever. I found that boring and liked fantasy and science fiction better. I still do.

    And I'm not delusional nor did I ever suffer from Middle School Second Year Syndrome (also known as Chuunibyou). Okay, maybe I did, but instead of acting weird and pretending to be a sorcerer or whatever, I wrote fanfiction (and later original fiction). But you get my point. Fantasy and science fiction are NOT harmful at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Thanks for your post. Actually one of the reasons why I write so depressing posts is because bottling them up isn't good and after writing everything out I feel much better. Needless to say, I feel much better now, especially since I passed that insurance exam I mentioned in my blog post. So everything's back to being rosy again and I'm back to my usual optimistic self. That's what I usually do when I'm depressed, write depressing posts, and after ranting and yelling I feel much better. People shout and yell to feel better; I don't do that, instead I write to feel better. Something like that anyway.

    I won't deny that I'm luckier than you. My parents are good people, that's exactly why I'm willing to soldier on in life to serve them. I got into a university, which is more than I can say, but that doesn't mean I'm superior to an ITE graduate like you. Don't get me wrong, the degree is there to prove that I've studied what I want to study, but it doesn't mean I'm smarter or superior to you. I'm the kind who works hard at whatever I do, which is how I got into the university - through sheer hard work. I do understand why you hate studying though. I kind of hate it, unless I'm studying stuff that I like, like Literature or Japanese history and literature - which is why I'm majoring in Japanese Studies and enjoying myself. Though I used up all my major modules and end up rushing through various non-major but compulsory subjects that I randomly select in order to fulfil credits. Turn out to be a failure, which is why I'm feeling depressed recently.

    Still, I have to admit that I have no self-esteem, and I'm aggravating the pressure by placing more pressure on myself and committing to too many things (various job exams, interviews, applications, Honors Thesis, and even my own dream). The pressure got too much for me to handle, which was why I snapped and went into a temporary depression. Once I wrote about my depression, I felt better. Well, passing the exam took off most of the pressure as well, but turned out I still have 3 more insurance exams to go before I can become a certified insurance agent.

    Why the hell am I becoming an insurance agent anyway? My dream is to work in Japan! Unfortunately, I've got nothing but this HSBC because my applications to other companies like Tecmo-Koei, Capcom, Toshiba, etc haven't garnered replies. Well, for Toshiba it should be expected because I only applied last week and the deadline was only 3 days ago. At least I got a reply from RGF (Recruit Global Foundation, I think), and I'm applying for posts there now. Wonder if I can get it, it's still too early to say. But hey, I passed the whatever test they needed me to do. If there's anything I'm good at, it's passing tests (not acing them by the way, I suck at getting As, but I can always guarantee myself C+s and Bs at the very worst. Unfortunately that is never enough). Must say it's due to my diligence and hard work more than intelligence or anything.

    Once again, thanks for the comment, and don't worry about me. And you take care of yourself too! Like I said, just because you're from ITE that doesn't mean you're inferior to university graduates. Hell, I don't even see myself above the uncles and aunties that I buy my meals from in the coffee shop. I respect them as much as everybody. Qualifications aren't important, but my depression is more because I place too much pressure on myself than anything else. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There can be no compromise. There is only war.

    Sorry, I just had to quote that line from my favorite game, Supreme Commander. Well, I'm the one doing all the compromising and listening to my mother for now, but I told her to at least let me finish the tests. I'm not exactly showing sterling attitude if I tell one of my prospective employers that I give up halfway, am I? That will get me blacklisted and next time I apply for a job, people are going to say, "hey, that guy gave up on his insurance exams halfway. Who's to say he won't do the same if I hire him?" Unfortunately, my mother is forcing me to drop the exams (despite already paying for them and taking one of them) and basically give the finger to the insurance company. This, I find ridiculous and unreasonable. I haven't gotten any other job offers yet, why should I do such a horrible and irresponsible thing? And if I do that, other prospective employers will have bad impressions of me.

    She just doesn't understand how the system works. She wants me to get an "easy" admin job with high pay. Which is ridiculously unrealistic. And shoots down whatever posts I apply for. Retail, sales, human resource, insurance, everything she just forces me to reject or basically don't go for the interviews. Hey, it's my job but it turns out that my mother is deciding everything for me.

    You're right, my mother is the stereotypical Asian mother who thinks prestigious jobs like doctors and laywers are EVERYTHING and every other job plain sucks. This brings about unrealistic expectations - she wants me to get a job with high pay and high stability with no overtime, no risk, no difficulty. I don't understand her thinking. Bluntly put in a Singaporean manner, "this world where got so good one? If got such a job, everyone confirm go do that job already." She wants me to go to finance or accounting, but obviously employers are going to pick business and accounting majors over me. Like I said, unrealistic.

    Whatever, I'm sure it'll work out somehow. If anything, I'll try to secure a job in Japan and mislead her to thinking that it's not as horrible as she makes it out to be, as in mislead the nature of my post so that she'll get off my back.

    ReplyDelete