Translate

Something about this bloggie

Ok, I admit that I've failed somewhere before. But anyway welcome. Just a brief intro on what you should expect here:
1. Football. Not gonna post much of that any soon since season is over. :S
2. Anime, Games, etc. Just abt anything conceivable under the Japanese radar barring anything and everything Rule 34. Now that's illegal. Period. -.-;
3. Music. Everything to do with it is listed under the tab.
5. Unacceptable humour: Anything and everything is fair game here. As long as I don't get rounded up by the ISA. -.-'

6.
The Known World=Fantasy world building in process. I: Used to be glossary, now devoted to random rambling; II: Character Concepts; III: Lore.
7. der Wolf=my Fictionpress account under the moniker Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu. A Ranger's Tale is hosted under this page. :)
8. New section now upped. Maybe I should also gun for upping A Ranger's Tale here since I do have this funny feeling that traffic coming to here is way more than whatever I'll get in FP.

Statement of intent: Everything said here is a figment of personal opinion, be it me or anybody commenting. I try to be responsible, but my parents=/=parents of the world.

@Druid of Luhn: Crap. Should have remembered far earlier to give you the credit for your CSS text box code. :(

A/N: But sadly, it seems that your CSS text box code has now been halved efficiency wise. :(

That most important note I should have added: Any images posted in this blog are NOT my own stuff. I got them from Google image search, I don't earn any shit by being a thief and liar. Those responsible for the pictures, rest assured that you all are great artists in your own regards. Sadly, we all know what limited space means in terms of posting.

Latest Note: Changed alignment for my page widgets due to my worry that I can't centre align the thing.

Note on A Ranger's Tale: In case any complaining fella wants to have a legal case with me, let this be known that A Ranger's Tale is rated M by default. I've upped the swearing and somewhat a bit on the dark/gritty factor. You all have been warned, let no little boy and girl enter the forbidden realm.

Latest on ART: A Ranger's Tale now starting to kick back in gear. But I really hate the insanely fluctuating climate here in S'pore.

P.S: Oh, and one more thing. Vid below is yet another ideal OP for A Ranger's Tale.

Thursday 15 November 2012

I sorta reneged on my promise...

Proof: that A/N

After thinking twice, I decided that there should be a far better and direct way to hammer home what I want to say. At the very least, I won't speaking around in riddles so as to speak.

What is my problem exactly?
I still remember where it totally went wrong. The age was twelve and that's when I actually came across a tabloid headline article pertaining to a case of rape-cum-murder in Taiwan. Now let me assure everyone here that I'm still morally sane. Back then, I know without a doubt that such an act was a crime, that if the murderer got caught in Singapore, he would and should have been hanged for good. The only problem was that back then, I did NOT know how to deal with whatever complications arising apart from the knowledge between right and wrong. Why I'm saying this is because my puberty actually just started by then. Or at least I've discovered it around that time and it's only a few years later that I realised what was going on behind all those couple of years prior. Nothing was said by me to my parents, I truly doubted they sensed anything amiss. Because no one actually informed me about the dangers when the time matters. My parents are only human beings with humane fallacies, so I can never blame them. Simply put, they're not the only ones subjected under the conservative parenthood culture.

My first brush with trouble
I can't be sure whether it's before or after that incident, but believe me when I say there's a girl in my Pri 6 class and whatever crush I've had on her was purely that of childish infatuation. The only catch? I had been effectively ostracised by then bar a selected few and even then, interaction only remained as that of normal friends. The girl was actually part of the former group, weird huh? Back then, all the rest only knew how to egg me on or ridicule me. Finally with no decent advice, I ended up doing a stalking act. I know it sounds scary with this coming from a mere twelve year old kid, but again believe me when I say everybody tend to do stupid things when they're just children without supervision. A few days later, I got busted and got questioned by her mother. And the case actually died down immediately since I ceased my brainless pursuit. Simply stated, I never undergone any counseling.

Jock culture in the secondary school
I'll just go straight to the point: During my first year at Gan Eng Seng School, I've experienced multiple crushes on girls mostly one year my senior, i.e. Sec 2 grade. Although it's worthy of note as well that there are a few within my age bracket. Needless to say, there's no happy ending since I'd either get subtly ridiculed, ignored outright or brutally told off. By the time I've reached my final year, not only was I one certified slacker, but above all my disastrous one sided infatuations never really ceased with one still blissfully ignorant and the other giving me a somewhat rough gesture warning me to back off.

So what's the real deal here? Very simple and it's not about my failure stories. You see, there's a jock culture back then where the fastest and most efficient way to gain attention is to attain good grades. No one would care for a nobody without accomplishments within the peaking third of the grading pyramid. The faster half of the equation? Have a girlfriend. The more efficient half? Have a physically attractive girlfriend. Having nothing would mean you're nothing.

And if my ordeal during primary school days was bad, secondary school days was my purgatory. The only reason why it didn't turn into hell was down to having my own buddies mostly in the NPCC uniformed group. But yet, everything was still square one. Nobody understood how to deal with boy-girl relationships and the teachers didn't teach that much anyway. I didn't have any female confidants, and everybody else in general just sat back to appreciate the sight of that schoolyard pariah in ways more than one. Above all, I didn't approach the teachers for help not because I dare not to, but no one actually informed me that I could truly do so.

Simply put, it just compounded to my problems that would one day explode within the lawful boundaries.

ITE and NSF
Is there anything I should add here? Still the same old story, I don't think I need to elaborate more. Although the physical abuse truly died down, but definitely a reduced extent of verbal isolation still remained. And yeah, I ended up being slacker numero uno and no one should be blamed apart from myself. In fact, parental visit to the school had became a constant fixture by then starting from my Sec 1 days and I'll be a liar in saying that I truly enjoyed going to school because whatever academical studies involved either had me jaded or perhaps the interest was never there beyond my somewhat exceptional report book contents during my earlier years at primary school.

NSF was an era that didn't really define my life that much despite the much hyped "rites of passage" talk. Only notable difference is that I ended up getting ribbed rather than verbally mocked. Violence was a no-go and on a hindsight, I thank the Lord for getting a PES E status due to my mild psychiatric history starting from my latter secondary school years. Simply put, it had nothing to do with skiving, but if I was to be classified as combat fit, I truly doubt I could remain totally sane. Not literally, but you'll definitely end up seeing a far more bitter Kuok Ming Hui.

On a particular note, the spectre of a pointless desire in knowing better any member of the opposite sex especially the attractive ones still ended up making its stigma known. I've got a unit mate having a tendency to chat up girls online while my second AS1 actually had a reputation of being a lady's man. I still remember that aforementioned AS1 stating that I should just change my ways, that I wouldn't be able to make any progress if I still remained my somewhat current self. In a simple logic, he's saying that no decent girl would like a certified fan of anime/manga culture, i.e. a nerd.

The half time score
By then, I was semi-broken in that right from the start, I had never been able to make a clean break with all that unresolved "romance". I know everything thus far is just a crush, but yet knowledge on paper alone was no longer useful. It's just like getting caught for murder and being told afterwards that you'll be sentenced to the gallows. Sort of anyway.

So what's left for a random bloke who had never gained any constructive lessons from all things boy-girl relationship, let alone having a decent one? Darkness and personal struggles. I ended up being forced to fight against my inner lusts 24/7 without any decent results. It's been stated clearly in the Book of Matthew that:

[But I am indeed saying to you that every one who looks at a woman to want her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.] ~ Matthew 5:28

That was a year or two before I found my current church. When my maternal uncle and his family introduced me into that said church, I NEVER ever utter a single word to anyone pertaining to my far more insidious end. A barrier erected forth by instinctive merit? If even my pastor didn't know a whisper, then you all people should know how dire the fight had shaped out by then. Before reaching that point in make or break listed below, I didn't even know what I am living for, let alone having a firm grip on my very own faith and convictions.

So now what about your workplace then?
Anything until this point of time should be seen as secondary at best now because the focal point is this:

[Now if your right eye causes you to stumble into sin, pluck it out and throw it away from you; for it is better for you that one of your members should perish than your whole body should be cast into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble into sin, cut it off and throw it away from you; for it is better for you that one of your members should perish than your whole body should go into hell.] ~ Matthew 5:29-30

This is NOT me preaching the Gospel because I do not have any right to do so more than any fellow Christians given the transitional phase currently in my life. In fact, this post can be seen as my own last chance saloon. I've wasted way too much of my life struggling with something that I shouldn't be doing so and by hook or by crook, making a clean break is the only way out.

So is there any message you want to say?
Firstly, I need to say that I'm not going to cry and weep over my follies. Because words are just that: mere words. I've screwed up horrendously, there's no chance in hell I'm going to use "sorry, I'm really naive and stupid" to bail out for free. Admitting to your mistakes is NOT about apologising but just this: admit to it and do something about it.

In a very real sense, my parents have always been fallible human beings, but so are all of us. I have boasted on an occasion or two that my parents have never given me anything APART from drilling in that one concept called self-accountability. I may not have a degree, I don't even have a diploma. Even unto now, I still can't say for sure that I have learnt how to enjoy the kind of academical studies in the past. But if there's anything to go by, I need to make this fact clear:

"Degree without meaning is just a wasted piece of paper, wealth without principles will be devoured either by wastrels or rust."

And the reason behind all?
Things have hit varying levels of upheaval ever since the third Thursday of April 2012. Simply put, unlikely reactions coming from my colleagues, superiors, family and limited circle of friends all over are still going on like a currently looped drama.

I'm not blind towards the truth that there's a difference between lurker views and registered views. In fact the only registered user of note actually had unwittingly contributed to that very understanding of mine. Tobias Fong C.W, you're the unknowing man. Seeing all the lurker views flowing all over the world, both for this blog and my FictionPress stories/account had truly forced my hand.

Simply put, I could have buried every single damned thing underground if not for the insane prominence of this blog and my online stories/poetry. Should this be seen as a blessing or a curse? I firmly believe it's the former because settling my personal debts for good is the only way forward.

Credits (Apart from Tobias Fong C.W)
Mr Eric Soh, you have indeed taught me a lot in setting up the cornerstone. Everything I've gleaned so far is self learnt and self taught, but without a politically incorrect Mr Eric Soh, there will never be a far more politically incorrect Kuok Ming Hui.

Mr Tay Tai Ming, you might be Mr Eric Soh's second in command on all things political incorrectness, but if not for your harsh critique, I'll never be able to redo my blog into an e-WMD lol! And yes, best of God's grace to your kid and wife. :)

Pastor T, I'm truly sorry that I can't leak your full name due to my reservations on implicating you into my prolonged stupidity thus far. I really thank you for that nice little dialogue back during the Fellowship Camp at Johor. I do not know if you knew anything damning back then, but your questions actually forced me to make an honest answer and I'm truthfully glad that your pseudo-interrogation actually went a long way in forcing a positive reaction out of me here.

Ryan Huang Xiang Rong and Patrick Chen Xin Wen, I'm still waiting for good news coming from the all famous resident dynamic duo. Unfortunately, one is not Batman and other not Robin.

Zhuo De En, please don't listen to Mr Bear's advice. Taking down one whole box of Panadol will cause you a certain case of medical poisoning lol! :P

Sim Wei Yow, see you tomorrow@DDR. ;)

Mr Gan, I already kahku never see you liao lol! :D

Roti-Peck, longzong eh roti kige liao lol! :P

Master Wong, please take care of yourself. I know your blabbering has hit a raw nerve in me more than once, but you know me, so...

Master Yeo, please stay by Master Wong's side. Life will never be dull with the Dual Masters Drunken Fists lol! :D

To that one Master pulling the blue tanks up and down...

Master Bo, please notify me when you open your Temple of Fury.

Mr President Dagdag Bawa... okay I don't need to say anything. Just don't disturb the Khaleesi because Viserys Targaryen had tried it before lol! :P

Baba-aaron, Babae-rol, Babae-rosh and Babae-roneil. Plus the original Babaero as well lol!

(ex)OA of Wales, please don't tell me the same old story again whenever I informed you of a shocker football result. You're making me suspicious. -.-'

Big Boss, please wear pink more often. They tend to say real men wear pink.

Boss Melayu, do not meddle in the affairs of the Immortals pls.

Boss Matt, please don't try that laugh in public. It will set off the standard SG hysteric works lol!

Jahatludin, you know why I call you that.

Pompan Mai, you know why I call you that.

Ms Baik, I know why I have to call you that.

Mak Normah, hope to see you back tomorrow.

Mak Rosminah, same as above.

To my three "godsisters" and two "godmothers"...

Mr Jeffrey Lee and Mr Jason Teh, thanks for keeping watch over this potential trouble in the making. And also giving me job so that I don't have to bum around like a bum. :)

Steve Ang, I dunno what to say. Same for Carling, Chief, RSM and the rest because I now hungry. But at least I need to say a word of "sorry" to Ms Komala and Ms Pathi due to the corrupted nature of this post.

Mr CEO Sir, I don't know what else to say...

And there are some more that I still remember, but tak boleh alrdy b/c of space and hunger.


“I learned from the White Bull and Barristan the Bold. I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with his right.”

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I should have commented earlier, but I was busy with other stuff that I only came across this post today! Sorry about that. And to think I actually received a mention! Ha ha ha ha! Thanks...I suppose?

    Well, on to the contents of this entry (I was actually going to comment on the post above, but this seems more relevant in terms of personal issues and whatnot, so I'll comment here as well). You, bro, are not alone. I have done many incredible stupid things in my life when I was young, things that are so stupid I cringe now even when I think about it. Hell, I bet I recently done stupid things, or rather said stupid things that offended at least one or two people, and I regret that. I've ruined relationships with one or two friends, I supposed, and probably a dozen relationships with girls throughout my short life, particularly before NSF. Sad to say, I've been making such mistakes since primary school (I suppose) all the way to Junior College. Fortunately I went to an all-boys school in Catholic High during my secondary school years, but for the first two years there I've done incredibly stupid things before I finally woke up my idea and changed my character for the better.

    And the jock culture? That's a myth. Good grades don't make you popular or get you a girlfriend. I don't have good grades, but I do manage to get slightly above average grades and no girl is going to like me. My existence is proof that such things aren't as simple as getting good academic grades and the girls coming to you. Nope, not true at all.

    Funnily enough, the thing that woke me up the most after my secondary school years was manga. I begin reading manga at that time, I think my very first manga and anime was Cardcaptor Sakura, then I went on to more, and seeing the characters in those stories I began cleaning up my own character. I guess I started off wanting to emulate and become like them, and it sort of worked. I stopped misbehaving, I stopped doing stupid things, I stopped being mischievous and basically curtailed my antics, and focused on being a good person, like the characters I've read in manga.

    The change wasn't complete though. I still did stupid things went I went to JC, but I guess 4 years being in an all-boys school made me desperate or basically I wasn't adaquetely experienced enough to talk to or interact with girls, so I did stupid things again, stuff I won't mention on here because they are downright embarassing when I think about it. I wasn't a stalker though, but I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought I was one. Though that was me being in the wrong place at the wrong time (or right place at the right time, depending on how you look at it). Still, I hadn't had time to stalk anyone. I think I spent most of my time watching Inuyasha on Arts Central (it's called Okto now, but back then it was Arts Central) and other anime while writing lots of stories for Fictionpress. Basically the same as you, ha ha! Writing and writing non-stop. I think I wrote the most stories during my 2 years in JC than any other part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real change came when I went to National Service. I probably had a different experience from yours, but that was when I truly grew up and completed my revolution. No more girls to get into trouble with, I think I focused more on training and stuff with my buddies than worrying about useless boy-girl relationships. It was also during national service when I became a full-blown otaku. The number of manga and anime I consumed exploded exponentially during this period and I also picked up drawing (manga-style) during this period as well. I also bought a lot of manga (thanks to the healthy allowance Mindef granted me for my service). I was Pes B, and while I wouldn't want to serve another 2 years I will be lying if I said I didn't enjoy my 2 years of National Service. It was fun, it was an eye-opening experience, I learned to be more confident, decisive, matured and independent. Plus I poured whatever energy and tiem I had left during my non-in-camp days into manga and anime. A fun period, that time. Really.

    So here I am, almost 4 years into university, without a girlfriend my entire life. But am I unhappy? Nope. I won't say my life has been perfect and I still do make mistakes - I kind of offended a friend with my overboard jokes, and he never talked to me again after that. After that I made sure never to make jokes like that and I'm pretty much, well, good with interacting with people. But I must say most of that confidence and personality came more from National Service (and manga) than anything else from my life. You might not agree, but in my case National Service indeed changed my life, and for the better I would argue.

    So my advice? Don't dwell so much on all this boy-girl relationships. If you get a girlfriend, great. If you don't, be like me and live your life in the 2D world (ha ha ha! I'm becoming like Katsuragi Keima!). In any case, don't dwell on your past and keep moving forward. I remember my mistakes, only to make sure I don't repeat them. But I don't regret the mistakes I've made or try to wash them away. I've committed them and nothing can change that. In fact, I view them as learning processes. People have to fall before they learn to walk. Similarly I have had to make all these mistakes to become a better person and learn what offends people, what people like, and how I should interact with people.

    Fortunately I can interact with girls normally now, thanks to learning from mistakes from my past. That doesn't mean I'm going to get a girlfriend - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if I never get a girlfriend and frankly I couldn't be bothered, but I enjoy my life as it is and I'm happy with it. That's what matters the most. I think you should also focus on what makes your life happy and focus on that instead of worrying about girls and everything! Well, you probably aren't worrying about them, but I'll just encourage you anyway. :) Just to let you know you're not alone in your predicament! I've been through the same things, made the same mistakes, done the same stupid things, and grew up to be a better person! I'm also sure you are a better person now than 10 years ago! No, even 2 years ago!

    By the way, that doesn't mean I'm gay or sexless. I still get attracted to girls, but thinking that someone is pretty and attractive and wanting to have a relationship are two different ball games altogether. I don't want to sacrifice my otaku lifestyle for a relationship, ha ha ha ha! Whatever people may say about me (that I'm sad, pitiful, pathetic, creepy, disgusting, whatever), I couldn't be bothered because it's my life and I'm going to live however I want to live! You with me, man?

    ReplyDelete