Translate

Something about this bloggie

Ok, I admit that I've failed somewhere before. But anyway welcome. Just a brief intro on what you should expect here:
1. Football. Not gonna post much of that any soon since season is over. :S
2. Anime, Games, etc. Just abt anything conceivable under the Japanese radar barring anything and everything Rule 34. Now that's illegal. Period. -.-;
3. Music. Everything to do with it is listed under the tab.
5. Unacceptable humour: Anything and everything is fair game here. As long as I don't get rounded up by the ISA. -.-'

6.
The Known World=Fantasy world building in process. I: Used to be glossary, now devoted to random rambling; II: Character Concepts; III: Lore.
7. der Wolf=my Fictionpress account under the moniker Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu. A Ranger's Tale is hosted under this page. :)
8. New section now upped. Maybe I should also gun for upping A Ranger's Tale here since I do have this funny feeling that traffic coming to here is way more than whatever I'll get in FP.

Statement of intent: Everything said here is a figment of personal opinion, be it me or anybody commenting. I try to be responsible, but my parents=/=parents of the world.

@Druid of Luhn: Crap. Should have remembered far earlier to give you the credit for your CSS text box code. :(

A/N: But sadly, it seems that your CSS text box code has now been halved efficiency wise. :(

That most important note I should have added: Any images posted in this blog are NOT my own stuff. I got them from Google image search, I don't earn any shit by being a thief and liar. Those responsible for the pictures, rest assured that you all are great artists in your own regards. Sadly, we all know what limited space means in terms of posting.

Latest Note: Changed alignment for my page widgets due to my worry that I can't centre align the thing.

Note on A Ranger's Tale: In case any complaining fella wants to have a legal case with me, let this be known that A Ranger's Tale is rated M by default. I've upped the swearing and somewhat a bit on the dark/gritty factor. You all have been warned, let no little boy and girl enter the forbidden realm.

Latest on ART: A Ranger's Tale now starting to kick back in gear. But I really hate the insanely fluctuating climate here in S'pore.

P.S: Oh, and one more thing. Vid below is yet another ideal OP for A Ranger's Tale.

Saturday 23 February 2013

My most ambitious analysis post ever... Fate/Zero

A certain exchange N years ago (before this blog was started)

Friend X: Well, you know the drift about manga/anime? That the main male character will always look and act like a slacker, but somehow or another he will end up being very powerful in fighting. That's why all the impressionable youths are prone to imitate them.

Me: Erm, that's not really the case...

Friend Y: No, X is right, you're wrong.

Me: Well, not every manga/anime is like that...

Friend Z: No, X and Y are RIGHT. Because I know what they're talking about.

Me: ......


NOTE/DISCLAIMER!
This will be an ongoing series of analysis posts. If luck will have it, 24 parts in all. In short, you won't get to see a 24 episode running series since I do have my own life (read: my own personal excuse for that stupid delay in watching Fate/Zero until tonight and that's due to a prolonged bout of food poisoning). At the same time, any views portrayed here are mine and mine alone. I do not demand myself to be the correct party because I only see human beings as fallible. And by that, it also means I'm equally human as well.

Foreword
As per stated, I've only started watching Fate/Zero tonight on my mom's laptop. Thankfully, I remembered to transfer the files from my desktop. I think like more than 20 GB in all at least, so it will take me quite a lot of time to finish this 24 part post, not to mention the likeliest chances of seeing random posts being wedged in between (and you all have seen that before in my Fate/stay night Fate route multi posts). Now since I've only watched the first episode (and it's a whopping 40+ mins long duration), I think I should just get started on whatever character analysis based on debut introduction. But firstly...

WHY NO CASTER???????!!!!!!!!!
Amazingly enough, it's been implied that Uryuu Ryuunosuke was already active by then due to the TV news report on some missing little girl being found murdered by that unknown serial killer. And we all know who by now anyway. But whether Caster had been summoned by then remains a big question mark. Because Assassin was actually summoned way earlier than the other 5 Servants so as to speak (bar Caster of course since we can't be sure on Gilles de Rais himself)

A/N: Apparently, trying to dissect Ryuunosuke's persona might be my greatest nightmare ever due to his wildly inexplicable nature as a psychopathic killer. In fact, he's already beyond your stereotypical "I kill for lulz" serial nutjob murderer to be fair. Urobuchi Gen, I know you're the one behind this knowing full well what you're truly capable of. *cough*Saya no Uta*cough*

The 7 Masters (in no order of preference/merit)
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald
Firstly, my only impression was "a bloody elitist prick" to be honestly fair. Now let's give credit where it's truly due: that he's indeed a talented Magus by his own right. For not only is he a versatile Magus, but he's also very damned strong in his learned fields. Out of all the seven Masters, he has to be arguably the most dangerous bloke upon the merit of sheer capability. In fact, this could be very likely why he was a stubborn prick as well. You see, the Archibald family is a respectable family within the Mage's Association due this very family boasting a whopping 9 generations of recognized Magus lineage in all. Which is why he was pretty much pissed off by Waver Velvet's thesis where reaching an equal height of ability by sheer efforts alone would be equally plausible. Simply put, should such a thesis be put to test and proven true, his value as a Magus together with the entire Archibald family will be reduced to crap. Period.

Waver Velvet
If Kayneth should be seen as an idealistic elitist who believes in lineage above all else, then his student here will be seen as a pragmatic idealist. Simply put, his thesis mentioned above in Kayneth's section was one built upon the foundations of pragmatism where everything is far more inclined towards the concept of meritocracy through hard work and studies unlike Kayneth's views that repute in lineage should be the one taking the highest priority. As we all know by now, Kayneth trashed Waver's thesis and Waver stole Kayneth's most precious parcel. Although it's more towards a case where shit happens and that the UPS man delivered the parcel to Waver knowing full well that he is the intended client's student. Of course what happened afterwards should be an ample proof of Waver being able to somehow walking his talk where a practicing student hailing from a 3 generation's worth of recognized lineage was able to detect vital details in no  part due to whatever talent he had in terms of "giving your best shot". In short, this was where we first see his own sense of opportunism and hunger in self-efforts. Traits justifying his own thesis, but subtly hinted in justifying how he's able to connect the dots through sheer immense effort (read: library will always be your best friend).

To be continued...
(because my head is getting light at the moment)

1 comment:

  1. Your friends are wrong and you are right. I have seen anime with main characters who aren't slackers or at least don't give off the impression that they are slackers and they are still pretty strong.

    They probably have not read Bleach (if they accuse Ichigo of looking like or being a slacker, there must be something wrong with their heads), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Fate/Zero, Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden, Sword Art Online, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Code: Breaker and a ton of other manga and anime.

    Don't bother arguing with them though, because they sound like the type to stubbornly stick to their absolute generalizations and bite people's hands off when they present evidence to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete