Translate

Something about this bloggie

Ok, I admit that I've failed somewhere before. But anyway welcome. Just a brief intro on what you should expect here:
1. Football. Not gonna post much of that any soon since season is over. :S
2. Anime, Games, etc. Just abt anything conceivable under the Japanese radar barring anything and everything Rule 34. Now that's illegal. Period. -.-;
3. Music. Everything to do with it is listed under the tab.
5. Unacceptable humour: Anything and everything is fair game here. As long as I don't get rounded up by the ISA. -.-'

6.
The Known World=Fantasy world building in process. I: Used to be glossary, now devoted to random rambling; II: Character Concepts; III: Lore.
7. der Wolf=my Fictionpress account under the moniker Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu. A Ranger's Tale is hosted under this page. :)
8. New section now upped. Maybe I should also gun for upping A Ranger's Tale here since I do have this funny feeling that traffic coming to here is way more than whatever I'll get in FP.

Statement of intent: Everything said here is a figment of personal opinion, be it me or anybody commenting. I try to be responsible, but my parents=/=parents of the world.

@Druid of Luhn: Crap. Should have remembered far earlier to give you the credit for your CSS text box code. :(

A/N: But sadly, it seems that your CSS text box code has now been halved efficiency wise. :(

That most important note I should have added: Any images posted in this blog are NOT my own stuff. I got them from Google image search, I don't earn any shit by being a thief and liar. Those responsible for the pictures, rest assured that you all are great artists in your own regards. Sadly, we all know what limited space means in terms of posting.

Latest Note: Changed alignment for my page widgets due to my worry that I can't centre align the thing.

Note on A Ranger's Tale: In case any complaining fella wants to have a legal case with me, let this be known that A Ranger's Tale is rated M by default. I've upped the swearing and somewhat a bit on the dark/gritty factor. You all have been warned, let no little boy and girl enter the forbidden realm.

Latest on ART: A Ranger's Tale now starting to kick back in gear. But I really hate the insanely fluctuating climate here in S'pore.

P.S: Oh, and one more thing. Vid below is yet another ideal OP for A Ranger's Tale.

Thursday 10 January 2013

Everything in temp hiatus now

Note:
Recent events over at India plus a reported case of some sick cat killing bastard in Yishun has made me felt a wee bit unhinged. Therefore, I'm not too sure whether I can really concentrate 100%. It's like I'll have to deal with a 6000 strong army where the only thing I can only think of is "kill them bastards all!"

Of course I'm a perfectly law abiding citizen. That's why you'll never see me do this kind of shit. But that doesn't mean I'll just sit on the spot and do nothing.

P.S: It seems that the court proceedings over at some South Asian country has gotten rather messy. Mata, all those kenna lia, perempuan, etc longzong dio ka liao.

But at least 2013 will be a good year for all fantasy fans...
Firstly and foremost, let me just say that I've not even finished halfway through on the first novel of The Wheel of Time, The Eye of the World. In fact come to think of it, I was just an immature and bratty reader back then who could only rely on sensual gratifications, i.e. mental kicks derived from action/fighting scenes. However, I still remember the prologue on Lews Therin Telamon. It's really ****ing damned sad and tragic, I still remember that part. You see, no one can really remain sane after realizing that everyone dear to him had been killed. Especially Ilyena Moerelle Dalisar. Now that's one hell of a mind rape 666 times over. In fact come at this point, if my memory is correct, Ilyena's death might be that one catalyst causing Lews Therin's self demise. Actually, the murderer is that one Kinslayer named Lews Therin Telamon. Only that poor sod was literally a mad ****er when he went on an irrational rampage of demonic proportions.

Yes, I'll need to bust my bank account big time if I want to make up for lost time. And that's given I've yet to do anything about the rest of my to-read list. Why I so poor?????? T_T

P.S: Yes, I know who is Rand al'Thor. The only problem? I cannot afford to be an assuming bastard towards thing I know not clearly of.

Epic quotes stolen from the internet


“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.”

~ Stuff Robert Jordan said, i.e. Miscellaneous quotes ~

“Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this. Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.”

“The Creator made women to please the eye, and to boggle the mind.”

“In wars, boy, fools kill other fools for foolish causes” 

“Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.”

"Life is a dream from which we must wake before we can dream again."

"It is the enemy you underestimate that kills you."

"Death comes for all of us. We can only choose how to face it when it comes."

"When you choose the fight, you must take the consequences, win or lose."

"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips."

"My mother always told me the best way to learn to deal with a man was to learn to ride a mule. She said they have about equal brains most of the time. Sometimes the mule is smarter."

"Stopping a man from what he wants to do is like taking a sweet from a child. Sometimes you have to do it, but sometimes it just isn't worth the trouble."
(A/N: Damn, Egwene al'Vere is one hell of a woman, man...)

"Better ten days of love, than years of regretting."

~ Stuff Lews Therin said (when he's... well, mad lol!) ~

"Ilyena, my love, forgive me!"

"Mustn't use that. Threatens the fabric of the pattern. Not even for Ilyena? I would burn the world and use my soul for tinder to hear her laugh again."

~ Stuff Lews Therin said (to Rand) ~
"Break it break them all must break them must must must break them all break them and strike must strike quickly must strike now break it break it break it..."

"The Wheel of Time and the wheel of a man's life turn alike without pity or mercy."

"I thought I could build. I was wrong. We are not builders, not you, or I, or the other one. We are destroyers. Destroyers."

"I would not mind you in my head if you were not so clearly mad."

“A man who trusts everyone is a fool and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools if we live long enough.”

"What makes you think you can keep anyone safe? We are all going to die. Just hope that you aren't the one who kills them."

~ Stuff Rand said ~
"He's insane and I'm not. Besides, he failed and I won't."

"You were wrong, Cadsuane. He's real. I'm certain of it. I know he is."
(We all know who Rand is referring to in the above two quotes anyway)

"I am tired of running. Tired of you threatening my friends. I will run no more."

"I deny you. You have no power over me, and I will not kneel to you, alive or dead."

"Duty. Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain. That's what they say in Shienar. 'The Dark One is stirring. The Last Battle is coming. And the Dragon Reborn has to face the Dark One in the Last Battle, or the Shadow will cover everything. The Wheel of Time broken. Every Age remade in the Dark One's image.' There's only me. I have the duty, because there isn't anybody else, now is there?"

"I.. do not like to see a woman die. I hate it, Sulin. It curdles me up inside. I could not kill a woman if my life hung on it."

"I don't have time for tears, either, Min. Sometimes, the hounds catch the wolf and wish they hadn't. Sometimes, he turns on them, or waits in ambush. But first, the wolf has to run."

"I have heard it said you should believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see."

"I was thinking. Sometimes I think too much."

"Trust was a knife, and the hilt was as sharp as the blade."

"Play 'March of Death'. Play it, unless you know a sadder. Play something to make your soul weep. If you have one still."

"It has to end! I don't need a war with the White Tower, and you bloody Asha'man bloody well won't give me a war with the White Tower! Do I make myself understood?"

~ Badass Excerpt ~
"Take this message back to Sammael. Every death he has caused since waking, I lay at his feet and call due. Every murder he has ever done or caused, I lay at his feet and call due. He escaped justice in the Rorn M’doi, and at Nol Caimaine, and Sohadra . . . "

More of Lews Therin’s memories, but the pain of what had been done there, the agony of what Lews Therin’s eyes had seen, burned across the Void as if Rand’s.

" . . . But I will see justice done now. Tell him, no truce with the Forsaken. No truce with the Shadow."

~ Quite obviously a reference to Rand al'Thor as the Dragon Reborn ~

"He is born again! I feel him! The Dragon takes his first breath on the slopes of Dragonmount! He is coming! He is coming! Light help us! Light help the world! He lies in the snow and cries like the thunder! He burns like the sun!"



 

~ And lastly stuff people said about Rand ~
"Rand is the one who's supposed to go mad, and here I am, talking to an axe!

No comments:

Post a Comment